Vulnerability MapThis map is a visualization of the Demographic Vulnerability Tables of the Commission on Population and Development (POPCOM).
Legend:High risk of infection
Medium risk of infection
Low risk of infection
Risk of infection unknown
Purpose and Interpretation:
The main purpose of the Vulnerability Map is to display which barangays are in need of attention in terms of how grave the COVID-19 situation is, i.e. the degree of urgency in treating and isolating the area so as to minimize the spread and infection rate of the virus. It is also to forewarn viewers to keep caution when traveling in these areas in order to avoid contracting the virus.
The risk of infection is based on these three Key Demographic Indicators:
- Population Size, Population Spatial Distribution, and Population Density
- Risk of infection can be expected to be higher where there are very high densities.
- Vulnerability to the disease is higher in housing units with larger size and higher densities.
- Households with senior citizens are vulnerable to the impact of the disease (e.g. morbidity and mortality).
- Vulnerability and risks are doubled among senior citizens who are living alone due to existing ECQ policies that specifically prohibit senior citizens and pregnant women to go out from their homes even in securing their household needs. Without family support, senior citizens living alone are highly vulnerable to infection and other socioeconomic implications of the disease.